Field IT Technician
Due to continued growth within the business we are now looking for a full time Field IT Technician.
You will be, self-managing and adaptable, an ambitious, customer focused and a capable Field IT Technician, with experience working in an MSP / Tech Support Team.
As the Field IT Technician, you will be responsible for providing IT Consultancy and Support to a range of organisations, typically within the Yorkshire and Lancashire region, offering consultancy and advice to customers. In addition, you will be responsible for installations and solutions architecture. This position will be roughly 60% office based and 40% in the field with clients, so it is essential that you have a Driving License and are comfortable working at customer premises.
Working within the existing technical team, your primary responsibilities will include: –
- Visiting customer premises to carry out installation and maintenance works
- Providing 2nd / 3rd line remote and deskside support within a service desk environment
- Supporting customer environments comprising Windows Operating systems hosted upon physical and Virtual environments, Networking / VPNs
- Technical troubleshooting of customer issues
- Work to customer agreed SLA’s, delivering quick resolution and providing a high level of customer service
- Working with service management teams both internal and client side as required dealing with business-critical Incidents
- End user training
- Maintain accurate customer records and run an effective ticketing system
Required skills / experience:
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Software and related technology.
- Experience with Dell & HPE Desktops and Servers
- Proven experience of providing at least 2nd line support
- Strong knowledge of Hyper-V and VMware
- Strong knowledge of SonicWALL devices would be desirable
- Strong communication skills
Extensive experience is required in the following: –
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Office 365 (setup and support)
Highly motivated, proactive with a “can do” attitude. Having a true passion for IT and willingness to learn and immerse yourself in IT systems and processes
Customer service focused, having the ability to understand the requirements of customers, clients and internal colleagues.
Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and have the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
Ability to prioritise and respond to queries within realistic timescales Be accountable for quality, accuracy and security
- Generous salary up to £30,000 depending on experience level
- Investment in training and development
- Chance to work for a small, reputable business, with huge growth potential
- Holiday & sick pay – 20 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Career progression opportunities as the business grows
For further information and to be considered for the role please send your CV to email@example.com