- Posted by James Allat
- On 16th November 2020
Microsoft is launching one of the most asked for features in Microsoft Teams at the beginning of December.
Breakout Rooms will be available at the beginning of December to use this feature every user will need to be on the latest version of Microsoft Teams and follow the instructions below one the December update has been installed.
Meeting Organizers and Participants
- To see the breakout rooms option within your meetings, you must turn on the new Teams meeting experience by
- Clicking on your profile image within Teams
- Selecting Settings
- Checking the “Turn on new meeting experience” option within General settings.
- Restart your Teams client.
- You can double-check that the setting is set up correctly by starting a meeting and verifying that the meeting opens in its own window.
- Make sure all participants, including the meeting organizer, are using the latest version of Teams. If joining on Android or iOS mobile or tablet, make sure participants go to their App Store and download the latest update.
- As a meeting organizer, join a channel / private scheduled meeting, or channel / private meet now meeting. Once you are in the meeting you should see the breakout room option next to the raise hand control.
- You must be a meeting organizer to see the option. Meeting attendees and presenters will not see the breakout rooms option.